Pages

Copyright ©2013 Patricia Getha

Copyright ©2013 Patricia Getha All Rights Reserved. Please respect the copyright laws!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Commission: "Hobby"



I am starting a new commission and would like to post it here as a work-in-progress. The horse is named "Hobby". My 12 year old son actually took the reference for this painting. I had turned him loose with my Nikon D-70s at the Delaware Horse Parade where my client was riding with her side-saddle club. I presented several possible references for her to choose from and by popular vote, Simon's picture was chosen.

Here is yesterday's work along with the reference. Watercolor paintings take a while to develop, layering color, one on top of the other to get the desired density and values of colors. It has been a while since I have painted in watercolor other than a few black and white pieces produced last year. This will be a nice change!

On another note, Spring is in the air here in Ohio. the crocus is blooming; the Turkey Vultures are souring; and the birds are acting goofy. The horses are starting to shed as well even though it is in the low 30s today. We have a ton of geese on the river, all fighting over the females so lots of ruckus! I wish I could capture some of this spring behavior but I shipped my primary lens off for repair. The eagles up the road should be sitting on eggs by now so I hope to get them on the nest.

No comments: